From the North Sea to the boardroom at Mastercard Intl. Great interview with Ann Cairns, the first woman to work offshore in the UK, and now the Vice Chairperson of Mastercard Intl. I had the privilege of interviewing Ann for Breaking the GAS Ceiling. “As someone who was at the forefront of women gaining entrance into the oil and gas industry and then utilized those skills to transition to a completely different sector, Ann advises young women to acquire a wide range of skills, particularly ones that can’t easily be automated, and not to be afraid to step outside their comfort zone, and even make career changes without worrying about climbing the corporate ladder. She believes the right way to think of the ladder is as a long extended journey of one’s life and to be open to as many experiences as possible” (page 64). Good advice for anyone – women or men! I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and experience Ann has to share, and the fact that she’s always willing to do so. Read the full story
Get the book!
- Duke Engineer Focusing On Robotics Sees Oil And Gas At The Forefront Of Technology
- How Women Pioneered Alaska’s Oil And Gas Industry
- In His Quest For Social Justice, Dennis Kennedy Launches New Energy Diversity Council
- The Female Effect: A Decade Of Change At BP
- Investor Magic Johnson Teams With Founder Jessica O. Matthews To Join Uncharted Power Board